• TROTEC B 400 Air Humidifier: Advanced growers with a larger grow tent will need a larger humidifier. That’s where the TROTEC B 400 Air Humidifier comes in. With 34l capacity, this beast can manage humidity levels in a room of up to 360m². Plus, the unit automatically switches off once it has reached the right humidity level. If you’re running a big grow op, this is the perfect solution for you.
• Shining Silver Haze: If you’re an experienced grower looking for a killer sativa hybrid to add to your garden, look no further. Shining Silver Haze is our own version of the iconic Haze varieties that revolutionised cannabis around the world. With 21% THC, a 9–11 week flowering cycle, and an uplifting high like no other, this is easily one of our most beloved strains.
• Electric Dehumidifier with 2 l Tank: If you’re a beginner grower with a small grow tent and just a few plants, this little dehumidifier is perfect. Once the water tank is full, the device automatically switches off to conserve power. This is a really cost-effective option for growers working with a budget.
HUMIDIFIER AND DEHUMIDIFIER
• Ambient Weather WS-3000-X3: If you’re looking for the most comprehensive thermometer-hygrometer combo, this is it. Complete with three wireless sensors, the Ambient Weather WS-3000-X3 is great for growers who have separate grow rooms for seedlings, vegetating, and flowering plants. The device also has a comprehensive data logger that graphs and logs data from all three sensors for temperature, humidity, dew point, and heat index. If you want maximum control over the environment in multiple grow spaces, you can’t go past this device.
• Fabric “smart” pots: If you’re an advanced grower looking to help your plants develop the strongest roots possible, you can’t go past our fabric pots. Complete with our very own “Aqua Breathe” technology, these pots provide the right balance of aeration and moisture retention to ensure your plants grow strong, healthy roots.
Seedlings, for example, like high humidity levels of around 65–70%. During the vegetative growth phase, you can gradually lower humidity by 5% every week. In the final weeks of vegetative growth, the humidity in your grow room should sit at roughly 40%, which is where it should stay during flowering to avoid issues with mould and mildew.
The best way to control the humidity in your grow room is with humidifiers/dehumidifiers. Below are three options to consider:
When consuming marijuana on your own, you’ll generally be better off using smaller bowls and pipes, since you will be burning through smaller amounts of bud during a solo smoke sesh. Similarly, you can get away with more minimalist storage equipment, as you will likely have smaller quantities of product on hand.
If you plan on consuming cannabis in more social settings, you should adapt your gear accordingly. Photo by: Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
Thanks in large part to ongoing legalization across the world, there are now more consumption options than ever before. Although flower is still the go-to product for many, concentrates have proliferated in recent years to become the fastest-growing product category in the legal marijuana industry — on pace to outsell flower products by 2022. Similarly, a rapidly expanding range of edibles, drinkables, topicals, and tinctures are also now available on both the medical and recreational market.
Obviously, you want the best quality gear you can afford, regardless of how often you consume. But infrequent consumers can often use more affordable, entry-level gear without sacrificing their experience, where a daily consumer might max out the capabilities and lifespan of such gear more quickly and therefore opt for more expensive gear that can withstand constant use.
The most common concerns for cannabis consumers have to do with odor. If you need to limit the aromas associated with consuming marijuana, you will need to purchase odor-proof storage and traveling containers, sploofs, or a personal air filter. You may also want to focus your consumption on vape pens, edibles, topicals, or tinctures, as these products generally do not carry the same strong odors as flower and its byproducts.
Just as different cannabis products require specific types of storage gear, different cannabis products are also linked to various methods of consumption, each of which dictates the device or piece you will need to enjoy your selected cannabis product.
Interestingly, many types of cannabis gear have become closely linked to artistic production and expression. This is most clearly seen in the world of glass cannabis equipment, which has thrust a number of esteemed glassblowers into the spotlight of cannabis culture.
Next up we have the lungs and cooling mechanism of your grow environment…
Hydroponic growing essentially is ‘ power growing ’ and is the highest yielding grow method…IF you apply the techniques and maintain your grow PROPERLY.
But still…even this is 7 times cheaper than buying your marijuana at dispensaries.
Now, if you’re going to grow hydroponically…depending on which system you go for, the cost can add up quickly to over $1000. Because you’ll need more supplies.
For beginners, I recommend using a passive intake (a hole or 2 on the opposite end of your exhaust fan in your grow tent) and an inline exhaust fan that satisfies the above requirements.