Lights come in many different shapes, sizes, and at varying price points. Below, we’ve hand-picked three of the best grow lights currently on the market for beginners, intermediate, and advanced growers:
• Lorell LLR49256 Wall Mount Fan: Sometimes, you don’t need equipment with fancy bells and whistles. That’s where this simple wall fan from Lorell comes in. This 40cm (16”) fan is super simple, offering three speed settings that you can cycle through using a pull-chain. While it’s nothing fancy, it’s exactly what you need if you’re a beginner grower or are working with just a few plants in a small grow space.
• GrowPRO 2.0 Grow Tent S Eco: This is a small tent perfect for beginners or first-time growers. It’s completely light-proof, boasts an extra-durable design complete with super-strong and stable rods, multiple air intake windows and “Superflaps” for maximum airflow, a watertight interior base and three ventilation socks. This is a perfect option if you’re tackling your first indoor grow and working with a tight budget.
• Advanced Platinum Series P300: This is an unbeatable light for beginners. It offers 300W of LED power and a 12-band light spectrum ranging from UV to IR, offering one of the best spectral outputs on the market. The P300 also has two ultra-quiet fans and an aluminium cooling element to help keep temperatures as low as possible. Finally, the P300 has a veg and flower switch to make it super simple to flip your plants once they’re ready. While there are other beginner lights out there, the P300 is well worth the extra cash.
• Biobizz Starters Pack: If you want to grow organically, this kit is perfect. Biobizz is another well-respected brand, and this box contains its iconic Bio·Heaven™, Bio·Bloom™ and Bio·Grow® nutrients, as well as their Top·Max™ (to improve the size of your flowers) and the Root·Juice™ to encourage root development.
• Electric Dehumidifier with 2 l Tank: If you’re a beginner grower with a small grow tent and just a few plants, this little dehumidifier is perfect. Once the water tank is full, the device automatically switches off to conserve power. This is a really cost-effective option for growers working with a budget.
• Apollo Horticulture Mylar Tent: This is a great medium-sized grow tent ideal for intermediate growers looking to step up their game with more professional gear. Apollo Horticulture is a respected brand, and its grow tents are made from high-quality materials. They are also highly reflective, meaning your plants will get the most out of their light source. All Apollo products also come with a 90-day warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee should you have any problems.
A high-quality LED light will hardly add something to your electric bill.
When growing hydroponically, your plant’s roots are directly exposed to your nutrient-solution and small fluctuations in strength-levels can have a huge impact on the growth of your plants.
3. Growing Medium
Do realize that ventilation will be more important with an HPS light because it generates way more heat than a LED light…so don’t cut corners when buying an exhaust fan if you decide to go for an HPS light.
Even though I absolutely LOVE the smell of weed…
If you’re going for an inline intake fan, make sure to get a fan that’s 10-15% less powerful than your exhaust fan. This is because you want to keep negative pressure in your grow space. Negative air pressure ensures all the air passes through your carbon filter.
Put your medical marijuana production & greenhouse needs in the hands of a company you can trust. With over 35 years of experience and over 300,000 customers, Growers Supply has been a trusted and valued supplier for all growing product needs for commercial marijuana production. We manufacture with the highest-quality materials, and since our greenhouses can be customized to meet any environment, they have been widely used by commercial cannabis growers, who desire more control. Learn more about Growers Supply cannabis growing solutions, today.